Datacolour Spyder4 Elite is a display colour calibration solution designed not only for photographers, but also videographers and video editors who need the highest level of colour control in the studio and flexibility in post-production. The Spyder4 Elite can also provide colour calibration for projectors
Spyder4 Elite Features
Automated Colour and Brightness Calibration - Spyder4 Elite's simple, clear and automated process makes it straightforward to calibrate your displays to a reference condition. You can view and edit images with confidence on a display calibrated to true-to-life colours and luminance adjusted for precise shadow/highlight detail.
Full Spectrum Colour Sensor - Spyder4 Elite's patented 7-colour sensor improves upon colorimeters that use 3-channel RGB sensors. Each Spyder4 Elite unit is individually tuned in the factory to accurately handle a variety of wide-gamut and normal gamut displays with ease.
Single Sensor Calibrates all Your Displays - Spyder4 Elite works with your laptop, multiple monitors, front projector,television (with paid software upgrade on website), iPad and even iPhone. It works with LCD, LED, OLED, CRT and other display technologies. You can calibrate multiple displays connected to your computer. Spyder4 Elite is unique in its ability to calibrate all your display devices to achieve greater consistency.
Improved Accuracy and Stability - the fourth generation Spyder4 Elite has double-shielded colour filters for an even closer match to CIE colour standards and improved long term stability. Average accuracy increased by 26% and consistency between Spyder units has improved 19%.
Fast Re-calibration Assistant - the ReCAL feature makes it quick and easy to recalibrate your display to compensate for changes that occur over time.
Adapts Display to Surrounding Light - the lighting around you will affect image contrast and appearance. An additional sensor on the Spyder4 Elite detects changes to surrounding light and adapts the display luminance accordingly.
Spyder4 Elite Software Options for Greater Control
• StudioMatch enables visual fine-tuning of studio displays to match the way you see colour
• Built-in presets for video standards such as Cineon, NTSC and PAL
• Colour analysis of your display quality by plotting uniformity, colour gamut, and change over tone response and allowing comparison with other displays
• Calibrate to professional workflow targets with L-Star tone response curve
• Unlimited choices for gamma, white point, white luminance and black luminance
• Iterative grey balance algorithm fo rthe most accurate greys
• Front projector calibration for colour accurate presentations.
• Datacolor Spyder4 Elite colorimeter
• Desktop Cradle/Tripod mount
• Spyder4 Elite Software CD
• Quick Start Guide (in 10 languages)
• 1 year warranty (for countries in the EU, the period is 2 years)
• Free Support
• Windows XP 32/64, Windows Vista 32/64, Windows 7 32/64
• MAC OS X Panther (10.4), Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6) and Lion (10.7)
• Colour monitor with at least 1024x768 resolution (1024x600 netbook option) or front-projector TV
• 24-bit video card
• Powered USB port