This is an in-depth two day course on ISO 12647-2 for Print and Design. It covers all aspects of accurate colour printing and proofing and is recommended for any company trying to achieve Fogra certification.
Who Should attend?
The course is designed for production staff at printing and repro companies, print buyers and designers.
Please call us for details
The two day course covers all aspects of ISO 12647-2 compliance - the problems and how to overcome them. The program embraces the complete colour workflow and provide a benchmark of standards and procedures to utilise for accurate and consistent colour. All attendees receive a 120-page reference manual and CD with test files and all course materials. The course is recommended for any company who wishes to pass the FOGRA certification
By the end of the course attendees will:
• understand how to implement ISO 12647-2
• have standards and procedures to cover all aspects of the colour workflow including a colour management policy for clients.
• have all the necessary targets for achieving ISO 12647-2
• be aware of all the equipment needed to achieve ISO 12647-2 compliance
• understand the theory of the colour workflow
• have the skills to implement a workflow that will improve efficiency, productivity and colour quality
Course Modules• Colour Measurement - CIELAB system, spectrophotometry, densitometry, colour spaces, RGB, CMYK, n-colour
• The Media its limits and impact on colour - substrate/whiteness/brightness/coating, colorants(inks) digital v litho, metamerism, reflectance
• Colour Management - Why use it, ICC profiles, how profiles vary between devices, rendering intents, the workflow, making profiles, grey balance, black generation
• Colour Transformations -selecting the profile, output profiles, reference profiles, conversion to output - where should this take place, file, application or RIP
• Equipment - measurement, viewing, proofing, assessing colour print quality, assessment of Pantone colours
• Receiving customer files, educating the customer, colour management policy for clients, checking against the proof, spot colours
• Colour reproduction workflow - proofing, contract proofing, proof verification, proofing rip, proofing spot colours, the workflow
• Handling spot colours
• Colour reproduction standards - ISO, CIE, ICC - ISO12640, 12641, 13655, 3664, 12647, 5-4 and 15930
• Verifying the proof - Hard copy proofs, soft proofing, process colours, proof certification, spot colours
• Verifying customer files artwork, hardcopy, files, PDF/X3 (4c+spot/ICCLAB OK), black settings, process conversions, spot colours, traps & overprints, problem tints
• Control of platemaking - Linearisation & tonal range
• Implementing standards
• Matching spot colours - tolerances, instrumental tolerances, visual tolerances, the ink mix, OK sheets, run sheets, tints of spots, matching process conversions, advising customers on spot colour selection
• Print defects - identifying and correcting, horizontal and vertical uniformity, dryback, mottle, ghosting, ink-water balance, marks & spots, registration & fit, plate problems
• Verifying the print - against the proof for the OK sheet, run sheet, interpreting tolerances, spot colour reproduction, verifying conformance instrumentally, verifying the conformance of the whole run.
What's Included in the Price?
The cost of the course includes:
• All course materials including 120 page reference manual, CDs etc.
• Test Files to check for compliance
• Telephone support for three months on any aspect of implementing ISO 12647-2
• Lunch and refreshments (please let us know about any dietary requirements you may have).
Some companies who have been on the course
The Stationery Office (TSO)
White Horse Press
ID Data Ltd
Talisman Print Ltd
Flo Print Colour
Hillprint Media Ltd
Muller Dairy (UK) Ltd
Eclipse Colour Printing
Where and When?The course takes place at our modern showroom facilties in Watford, Herts. (just off Junction 18 M25). Details about how to get to Bodoni Systems including map and directions are available from our How to find us page. If you are coming by public transport the nearest Underground station is Moor Park or Uxbridge on the Metropolitan Line and we can arrange to meet you at the station.
Please call us for details
If you would like to have a discussions on the course please send an email