SpectroDens Basic high precision spectrodensitometer.
Versions and functions
The SpectroDens is available in three versions:
- Basic with the essential density functions
- Advanced with extended densitometry functions colorimetry and a color library.
- Premium includes all the functions of the Basic and Advanced plus color display functions for the most sophisticated colour specialist plus the ability to measure in strip mode.
Essential functions of the SpectroDens Basic
A SpectroDens Basic can be upgraded in the field to SpectroDens Advanced or SpectroDens Premium.
- Automatic density
- Density CMYK (with reference measurements)
- Dot area
- Dot gain
- Print contrast
- Gray and color balance
- Ink trapping to Preucil
Download the brochure for more detailed information on all versions of SpectroDens.
The SpectroDens - a measurement device for all applications
Using measurement technology for quality assurance in print is a universally accepted practice these days. SpectroDens is your all-purpose, modern measurement device. Whether it be in pre-print for verifying proofs, for ongoing quality control at the printing press, during delivery inspection of paper and print products or in a color lab, SpectroDens is exceptionally suitable, whatever your application. Thanks to the individually adjustable display functions, you can quickly set up the device for your particular job.
Two devices in one
The product name alone suggests the multiple uses of the device. As a spectro-densitometer, Spectro- Dens combines the qualities of a highly accurate spectro-photometer and an easy-to-use densitometer. Measurement is spectral, i. e. the entire color information – the spectral fingerprint of the color – is precisely registered. The spectral data is converted into measurement data for descriptive analysis and display:
- Densitometric data is widely used in quality control during the printing process.
- Colorimetric data is used in the evaluation of print proofs, the creation of color profiles in color management and the color matching and formulation of inks.
A push of a button provides you with solid density as well as all useful additional information such as dot gain, dot area, gray balance and print contrast. In the automatic measurement mode the device always displays the relevant information instantly. You can even quickly and easily produce complete printing curves. The spectral measurement technology calculates not only density values for CMYK, but also exact data for the density of spot colors.
All standard colorimetric functions are displayed clearly. Even the entire CIE L*a*b* color circle appears in the display. Reference colors and complete digital color books can be saved in the color library.
The device works strictly according to the standards valid for the graphic industry. Select different status filters for density measurement in the device settings.
- A special technical feature is the polarization filter which can be activated by a push of a button.
- Using the latest LED technology, the new SpectroDens Premium provides D50 illumination and therefore fulfills the M0 - M3 measuring conditions in accordance to ISO 13655.
- The new SpectroDens Premium comes with tracking wheels, which ensure a straight run and allow besides spot measurements short scans of color patches or step wedges. Thus an Ugra/Fogra media wedge can be measured easily within only 15 seconds; an ISO/PSO conformity check and a printing curve can be done within only 3 seconds.
The SpectroConnect software supplied with the device displays the measurement data clearly arranged on a computer monitor. Just connect SpectroDens by USB cable to a PC. Optionally the new SpectroDens Premium can transmit the data wirelessly via WLAN to the computer.
Measurement data can be transferred into Microsoft Excel™ or other applications.
The integrated color library is particularly easy to use. You can load complete "digital color books" into the device. The software also serves as the connecting module for other applications, e. g. programs for the production of printing curves or colorimetric quality control.
SpectroConnect requires Windows XP, Vista or 7
- Measurement device SpectroDens
- Charging console with white standard and AC-adapter with universal plugs
- Carrying case; USB cable
- CD with software SpectroConnect
- Manual with ISO 9000 compliant certifi cate
- Small apertures, UV-Cut filter
- Print control strip TCS Digital
- Color reference SpectroCheck
You can download a copy of the manual.